We may not have an open position currently - but you are welcome to submit your application for CEO/Hospital Administrator and be considered for future open opportunities.
General Summary: The Administrator/Chief Executive Officer is the direct representative of the Board of Directors in the management of the hospital. The Administrator/Chief Executive Officer is given the necessary authority and is responsible for the operation and administration of the hospital and all its departments, subject to the powers of the home office structure of LifeCare Management Services (LMS). The Administrator/Chief Executive Officer is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a non-clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
- Organizes goals, objectives and targets the administrative functions of the hospital, delegates duties and establishes formal means of accountability on the part of subordinates through written reports and routine meetings with department directors. Develops and submits for approval by the home office, a plan or organization for the conduct of hospital operations and for evaluation of departmental performance in patient care and for fiscal accountability on a departmental basis.
- Prepares for review, an annual budget, including departmental sub-budgets, showing expected revenues and expenditures in conformity with fiscal programs and policies laid down by the home office and manages numbers to the budget.
- Reviews and takes appropriate corrective action on reports and recommendations of regulatory and inspection agencies to assure the hospital conforms with their requirements.
- Serves as the liaison and channel of communication between the Board of Directors and any of its committees and the Medical Staff, and assists the Medical Staff with its organization and medical-administrative problems and responsibilities.
- Represents the hospital in its relationships with other health care agencies and with the community.
- Prepares and plans for the achievement of the hospital’s specific objectives and periodically reviews and evaluates that plan.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performend on a regular and continuous basis. It does not expclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Manages the function and personnel of the department; directly supervises the hospital leadership team.
Experience: Eight to ten years in the health care environment preferred. Experience should include progressive leadership experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care Administration or combination of an associate's or other two year degree and meaningful and appropriate experience.